Tuesday, April 7, 2009

I've been really bad about blogging - almost a month since my last post! Things have been hectic here and I've put off posting. I'm leaving tomorrow for Europe!! I'm going on a river boat cruise to the Netherlands and Belgium. I can't wait! I think I'm all packed and ready to go. I'm really looking forward to seeing the tulips in Holland and all the architecture. Hopefully I'll have some good photos to post when I return. Had a crisis about a week ago. Got the final documents for my trip and I noticed that it said that passports had to be valid for 6 months after returning from a trip. I looked at my passport which I thought expired in 2010. Much to my surprise, it expires this June! I rushed to the passport office and found out that I didn't have enough time to even get a expedited passport. I looked on line and found some companies that say they can expedite a passport anywhere from 24 hours to 2 weeks. I made some calls and picked one of the companies. I wasn't sure they were even legit!! Luckily they were and I had a new passport in 4 days. Whew - that was a close call.

Spring is supposed to be here. Sunday it was beautiful and 80 degrees! Today it is in the 30's and we're getting some snow flurries. Had to cover my vegetable garden last night. Here's a picture of my rhodendron bush in full bloom with snow surrounding it. I'm hoping it survives.

The 2009 Paws For Charity Art Book is now ready for ordering! That's the book I mentioned in my last post that includes a picture of my cat Smudge. Go to www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/606337 to preview and/or order. (When you preview the book it only shows the first 15 pages. Smudge's picture is not on the first 15 pages - guess you'll have to order the book to see him)!! Remember, all funds raised from the sales of the book are directly donated to the Avon Breast Cancer Crusade by blurb.com (the book publisher).

That's it for now. Have to finish last minute things. Until I return...

1 comment:

  1. Parabéns pelo excelente blog. Gostaria de lhe convidar para visitar o meu blog e conhecer alguma coisa sobre o Brasil. Abração

    ReplyDelete