Friday, February 6, 2009

Pat Summit Gets 1000 Victories!

I'm a huge Tennessee Lady Vol basketball fan. This past April I went to the Women's Final Four in Tampa and got to see the Lady Vols win their 2nd consecutive National Championship! I'm fortunate to have friends who live in Knoxville who have season tickets so I get to go to as many games as I want. I've been counting the games this year to try to figure out when Pat Summit would get her 1000 career victory. Even though I shouldn't admit this, I was hoping the team would lose last Monday night in Oklahoma so they could try to get the win at home. Luckily, they did lose that game. Yesterday I went to Knoxville to see them play against Georgia. What a great game - the team played very well and the crowd support was incredible. The atmosphere was electric. Realistically, I don't think they will win another national championship this year, but one can always hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment